Burstow & Hewett are a family firm of qualified auctioneers and valuers established in 1790. The busy salerooms are based in two locations in Battle and handle a combined total of over 20,000 lots per year in 48 sales.
The Abbey Auction Galleries is an Art Deco building located in Lower Lake, Battle once known as the Senlac Cinema. It was converted in to an auction rooms in 1968 when the cinema closed but the new owners kept some of the original cinematic features including tiered seating and stage. At these premises Burstow & Hewett run monthly sales of antique furniture, silver, jewellery, ceramics, metalware, rugs and garden statuary. Special evening sales of paintings and prints are also held here every four weeks, making these sales the only dedicated picture sales in the South East, outside London.
The Granary Salerooms in Station Road, Battle is used by Burstow & Hewett for general sales every month. These auctions usually contain around a 1000 lots, including antique and modern furniture, household furnishings, ceramics, metalware, collectibles, electrical appliances, rugs and pictures.